Tuesday 24 December 2013

OUAS - December 2013

I created this layout for the December Challenge at Once Upon A Sketch.  The theme this month was to journal about your favourite month.  I don't exactly have a favourite month as you will tell from my journaling.


My journaling reads:  "I don't have just a month that's special, it's a time.  The early years of Alicia and Lanes lives we explored old gold mines and ghost towns - Rough and ready - but oh os educational for them to learn about their ancestors.  My great grandmother lived in this shack on the gold fields and my grandfather worked on the mine that they are sitting above."


And this is the sketch:



2 comments :

  1. Oh wow what a wonderful piece of history to preserve. I love that you know this stuff. I wish I had something of my ancestors. That would be amazing and something that they should know. How great that you all got to learn and explore together. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month. Please also load your layout on to our OUAS FB page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page to relive these special moments, Mar!! Your layout has the perfect feel for old mines and I adore the journaling in your own hand!! Thanks for joining us for the December Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments....